The Board is appointed by the Chief Local Elected Official in every workforce area. The Niagara County Legislature appoints members in accordance with Federal and NY State requirements.
By law, local Workforce Development Boards are required to maintain at least a 51% representation from the business sector. The intent of this law is to develop a workforce development system based upon local business needs, which is accountable to all customers (business and individuals). The remaining board membership is composed of labor organizations and public sector representatives. The public sector membership brings to the board the perspective of partners in the workforce development system, organizations directly providing services to customers.
The Niagara County WDB is comprised of members representing many businesses and service agencies. The WDB’s goal is to maintain a membership that represents Niagara County's business and job seeking individual needs. Diversity is sought between small and large businesses, type of services and industry, and geographical location.
The work of the Board is often conducted in committees, with each Board member having the responsibility to participate in at least one committee.
Niagara County Workforce Development Board Members
- Carolyn Bright - NYS Department of Labor
- Paul Brown - Plasterer's Local #9 and Apprenticeship
- William Carrol - nCentix/Carroll Marketing
- Michael Casale - Commissioner, Niagara County Center for Economic Development
- Joel Feuerman (WDB Chair) - Home Depot
- Kathleen Granchelli (Youth Committee Chair) - YWCA of the Niagara Frontier
- John Hartwell - Matrix Imaging Solutions
- John Lang - Gothic Hill Entertainment
- Cathy Lattanzio - Chameleon Color Cards
- Tim Leaderhaus - Transit Road Car Wash, Inc.
- Michael Martin - Native American Community Service of Erie and Niagara Counties
- Dennis Martinez (Special Population Committee Chair) - ACCES VR
- Kevin McCabe - American Concrete of WNY
- Kory Schuler (WDB Vice Chair) - Niagara USA Chamber
- Suzanne Shears - Niagara Communit Action Program, Inc.
- Joe Steinmetz - Orleans Niagara BOCES
- Shawn Willliams - Bradt & Williams Insurance
- Jerald Wolfgang - Niagara County IDA, Niagara County Community College
- Todd Zyra - Silipos Holding, LLC.