The Board is appointed by the Chief Local Elected Official in every workforce area. The Niagara County Legislature appoints members in accordance with Federal and NY State requirements.
By law, local Workforce Development Boards are required to maintain at least a 51% representation from the business sector. The intent of this law is to develop a workforce development system based upon local business needs, which is accountable to all customers (business and individuals). The remaining board membership is composed of labor organizations and public sector representatives. The public sector membership brings to the board the perspective of partners in the workforce development system, organizations directly providing services to customers.
The Niagara County WDB is comprised of members representing many businesses and service agencies. The WDB’s goal is to maintain a membership that represents Niagara County's business and job seeking individual needs. Diversity is sought between small and large businesses, type of services and industry, and geographical location.
The work of the Board is often conducted in committees, with each Board member having the responsibility to participate in at least one committee.
Niagara County Workforce Development Board Members
- Nasreen Akhtar - Aero Transportation
- Maureen Bartlett - Orleans - Niagara BOCES
- Jeanne Battaglia - Managed Care Network
- William Carroll - nCentix/Carroll Marketing
- Michael Casale - Niagara County Center for Economic Development
- Lindsay Collins – Collins Accounting
- Joel Feuerman (WDB Chair) - Home Depot
- Kathleen Granchelli (Youth Committee Chair) - YWCA of the Niagara Frontier
- Thomas Grzebinski – Gantry, Inc.
- David Haylett, Jr. - Niagara County Community College
- John Lang - Gothic Hill Entertainment
- Cathy Lattanzio - Chameleon Color Cards
- Timothy Lederhaus - Transit Road Car Wash, Inc.
- Michael Martin - Native American Community Services of Erie and Niagara Counties, Inc.
- Dennis Martinez (INclusion Committee Chair) - ACCES VR
- David Miller – Gothic Hill Golf Course
- Bill Robbins - Rubberform Recycled Products, LLC
- John Scherrer – IBEW Electrical Workers Local 237
- Kory Schuler (WDB Vice Chair) - Niagara USA Chamber
- Jim Scordato - 1199 SEIU Healthcare Union
- Tom Seaman – Seaman Norris LLP
- Suzanne Shears - Niagara Community Action Program, Inc.
- Divya Tandon - SJI Properties, Inc.
- Michele Taylor - New York State Department of Labor
- Katie Thompson - Matrix Imaging Solutions, Inc.
- Shawn Willliams - Bradt & Williams Insurance
- Todd Zyra - Diversified Manufacturing